A group of six visitors from Japan recently visited UNM Rainforest Innovations as part of its Professional Internship Academy. Designed for professionals seeking to gain an understanding of the role of a technology transfer office, the program aims to give participants a comprehensive knowledge on the commercialization and management of inventions. During their week-long visit, the group attended lectures on technology transfer, commercialization, marketing and communications, and economic development held by UNMRI staff members.
The visitors included:
- Chisato Masaki, Tech Transfer Manager, Tohoku Techno Arch Inc
- Rika Okada, Tech Transfer Manager, Tohoku Techno Arch Inc
- Hikaru Matsumuro, Administrator, Osaka Metropolitan University
- Daisuke Uchida, MD, Okayama University
- Shozo Yuki, Tech Transfer Manager, Tohoku Techno Arch Inc
- Izumi Suzuki, Research Fellow, Japan Science and Technology Agency
The group was led by Eri Hoshi the Co-founder of KOSEI (Knowledge Transfer of Sports, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation) LLC. Eri holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the Gakushuin University, Tokyo, Japan, and a master’s in public administration from the University of New Mexico.