At the center of UNM Rainforest Innovations’ mission and values is our commitment to attract, hire, retain, and reward a team of talented professionals. We offer a terrific opportunity to learn the field of technology transfer as our work involves a challenging blend of science, business, and patent law.
UNM Rainforest Innovations offers a generous benefits policy including insurance, retirement plan and paid time off. We are also an equal opportunity employer.
Student Internships in Technology Transfer
Benefits of the Program
The student internship at UNM Rainforest Innovations provides a combination of experiences including learning about the field of technology transfer (intellectual property and commercialization). UNM Rainforest Innovations student interns have the opportunity to work with UNM Rainforest Innovations staff, attend UNM Rainforest Innovations educational seminars including presentations from visiting patent attorneys and companies, as well as interact with local entrepreneurs and investors. These positions will benefit anyone that would like to get a better understanding of the intersection of business, science, and law.
Student Internship Assignments May Include
- Prior Art Searching
- Procuring references for Invention Disclosure Statements
- Drafting non-confidential summaries of new inventions
- Conducting market analysis for new technologies
- Recording marketing activities and interactions
- Developing marketing materials and elements of business plans
- Utilizing our proprietary database to tracks IP management, marketing, and licensing activities
- Working with start-up companies through our Joseph L. Cecchi VentureLab Program
- Other special projects
Candidates, at a minimum, should be starting their sophomore or junior year. Some experience working in a professional office preferred. Candidates must be enrolled students at UNM (min. of 6 credit hours) for the duration of the internship and maintain a minimum GPA 2.5, preferred 3.0 or higher..