Local business weekly, Albuquerque Business First, released an article on how state and local governments and banks are offering financial help for New Mexico businesses affected by the new COVID-19 coronavirus. While new measures at being taken to minimize the spread of the virus, businesses are greatly impacted by the lack of foot traffic, restrictions on in-person dining, and the most recent stay-at-home order, which temporarily closes all non-essential businesses and non-profit entities.
To learn more about the financial help being offered, see Rachel Sams’ March 13, 2020 article, “EDD, others offer financial help for NM businesses affected by coronavirus,” from Albuquerque Business First, at https://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/news/2020/03/13/edd-others-offer-financial-help-for-nm-businesses.html.
Please also see links below for other COVID-19 Information, Resources, and Tips for Businesses, Organizations and Workers:
- Albuquerque Community Foundation and United Way of Central New Mexico: Emergency Action Fund Grant: Through this Fund, they are accepting requests for short-term funding to support operations of organizations that are struggling with immediate lost revenue and non-recoverable expenses and/or increased or changed programming due to COVID-19.
- Bernalillo County: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- City of Albuquerque: Coronavirus Small Business Guide
- City of Albuquerque Small Business Support Communication Line
- Creative Startups Launchpads Portal (a proprietary online learning system) has been rebuilt to meet the needs of entrepreneurs and small business owners all over the state. The portal includes free resources including a downloadable workbook, cash flow planning templates, marketing and sales templates, and an online community plus access to their faculty. Interested entrepreneurs can register here: http://bit.ly/LibLaunch
- Department of Workforce Solutions: Information for Workers & Businesses Affected by COVID-19
- State of New Mexico Economic Development Department: Help for Businesses Negatively Impacted by the COVID-19 Health Emergency. The page contains a suite of information regarding the various loan programs available, including: NMEDD Loan Programs for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19, State & Federal Resources for Businesses Impacted by COVID-19, and Webinar: Information and Resources for Businesses
- UNM Innovation Academy and STC. UNM’s New Mexico Small Business Recovery: Take and Expand your Business Online – During this time of economic uncertainty, many New Mexico small businesses need to build or increase their online presence to offset a decline in retail in-person traffic, as well as grow businesses beyond New Mexico borders. This course will teach businesses e-commerce techniques including developing storefronts and driving traffic to your store.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is providing low-interest disaster recovery loans to small business in need. More information at https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources.